© City of Halsey, Oregon  2013.  All Rights Reserved.
July/August Dates 7/25 -- Utilty Payments due 7/25 -- Infrastructure Committee Meeting, 3:00 pm, City Hall 7/25 -- Veteran’s Memorial Park Committee, 7:00 pm, Halsey Community Center 8/3 -- Library Advisory Committee meets, 6:30 pm, Library 8/9 -- City Council Meeting, 7:00 pm, City Hall 8/13 -- Summer Reading Program Wrap-Up, Time TBA, Library 8/25 -- Utility Bills Due
PO Box 10 Halsey, OR 97348 Phone (541) 369-2522 Fax (541) 369-2521 cityrecorder@cityofhalsey.com
Contact Us  
City of Halsey
Home Government Administration City Services Community History News & Events Contact
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer.  If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202) 690- 7442, or email at program.intake@usda.gov.
2016 City Council Election At the 2016 General Election on November 8th, the positions of Mayor and three Councilor positions will appear on the ballot.  The filing period for interested candidates begins on June 1, 2016 and all filing requirements must be completed by 4:45 p.m. on August 23, 2016. OPEN CITY OF HALSEY POSITIONS Mayor Currently held by Marjean Cline Two Year Term Councilor Position  Currently held by Rella Johnson Four Year Term Councilor Position  Currently held by Ken Lorensen Four Year Term Councilor Position Currently held by Lee Skinner Four Year Term All positions are non-partisan. Council positions are elected at large – meaning candidates may reside in any area of the community.  All positions are volunteer/non-paid. All terms will begin on January 10th, 2017. QUALIFICATIONS AND RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS To qualify as a candidate for Mayor or a City Councilor, you must be: A qualified elector under the laws and constitution of the state of Oregon and a registered voter of the City of Halsey; and A resident of the City of Halsey who has resided continuously in the City during the 12 months immediately preceding the election they are filing for. The Halsey City Recorder, Ronda Fischer is the Elections Filing Officer for City of Halsey elections.  Please contact Ms. Fischer at (541)369-2522 or via email at ronda@cityofhalsey.com  for additional information or for an election information packet.  Click the button below for more information or to download the elections packet. The City of Halsey is committed to a culturally diverse work place. ADA/EOE
Sewing, Quilting, Knitting, Crochet Group Starting Up! Thank you to the ladies who came last Tuesday with yarns and needles and thread in hand!  The group had a good time and plans to continue meeting on Tuesday mornings at 9:00 am in the Community Center.  So if you missed the first one, but you’re still interested, come on by!  Bring your needles, yarn, thread, fabric or whatever you need for your latest project and come enjoy good company and conversation!  Everyone is welcome! 
Elections Information Home